Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
EternalKP

hartford, US
73 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
EternalKP Registered since 29th Aug 2003
Thu 04-Dec-03 08:57 PM

hey Nikon fans,

I love my nikon gear:
Nikon F5
SB 80DX
24-120mm VR
50mm f1.4D AF
60 micro f2.8D AF
80-200 f2.8D AFS

i am taking this color photography class. my classmates (canon people) and i always compete against each other. i always use Fujicolor NPS or Konica Impressa 50 to get the best grain size. Most of the class presentations are shown in 11x14.
Most of the time, my pictures are superior to theirs. but some of them use medium format which, quality wise of the pictures is superior to my poor 35mm system.
So i've been thinking of getting a used affordable medium format from ebay. I have No idea what to get. but my medium must at least has TTL metering capacity. i hate handheld metering...such a waste of time. I am willing to manual focus with these heavy things.
i heard mamiya is good, so i've been trying to find one.
I also heard that these are really famous:
Bronica ETR-Si
Contax 645 series
Hasselblad H1
please give me some advice on what to get...please include model series and its capacity.

thanx in advance,
Khoa

Nikonly Photography

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Moving Up...