Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Voigtlander, and a tale of two bridges

Paul_Fisher

Perth, AU
12819 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Paul_Fisher Silver Member Awarded for his multiple article contributions Charter Member
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:23 PM

My dad gave me an old Voigtlander Bessa 1 folder, which had been sitting in the cupboard for 40 years. Amazingly, everything still works, though the viewfinder is really cloudy. This model has no rangefinder, just scale focusing - in feet

The pics aren't as sharp as I would have hoped from a 6x9 cm negative, but not too bad. Unfortunately the best picture on my first test roll (my sister with her Jack Russell) is way out of focus

Here is one of the better shots - the Narrows Bridges in Perth. The bridge on the right was built in the 1950s, and the one on the left just a year or two back. The gap between is about 6 metres.

The gap is about to be closed by a third bridge, which will carry one track of the new SW Metro railway. The good news is that my firm GHD Pty Ltd, in partnership with Leighton Contractors, are the preferred tenderer for the new work In addition to this bridge, the work will entail strengthening one of the existing structures to carry the other track; widening the Mount Henry bridge (a huge job in itself); various interchange upgrades; and freeway modifications. Total value is a couple of hundred million.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Paul Fisher
Nikonian in Perth, Western Australia
My home page

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Voigtlander, and a tale of two bridges