Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Reminising on a Snowy Day in Milwaukee -- Regensburg, Germany 1999

jdroach

Milwaukee, US
6978 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009
Tue 04-Mar-14 07:42 PM

I had scanned this image back in 2010 but never really did much with it. Today I spent some time doing some post processing enhancements using Lightroom only, because I selected it for a photo challenge on "Silhouettes" at my local photography club.

This image was taken with a Pentax Zoom 90 WR film camera in November, 1999 while on a trip to Regensburg, Germany and other areas in Bavaria using ISO 400 film. I had not taken my old Nikon EM or FM2 on this trip. It had been so long since I used my cameras it was easier to take this little automatic non-nikon film camera. This was about being at the right place at the right time and click!

This was the first of many trips to Germany over the next 5 or 6 years as my new wife was managing a joint venture located in the US. That joint venture consisted in General Electric and Schleifring und Apparatebau GmbH, a German company located in Furstenfeldbruck outside of Munich. On subsequent trips I used an Olympus and then in 2003 I used my first Nikon digital camera. It was the tiny Coolpix 3700 at 3 megapixels (mp). Wow! Now I use 8 mp iPhones, 16 mp X100 and X-E1 Fujis, 24 mp D600 and 36 mp D800 Nikons. How time has changed!

Lightroom sure cleaned up this old scanned image and yet kept the nice grain that I remember in the original film image which is long since disappeared of this beautiful sunset along the Danube.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

jdroach

Visit my Nikonian gallery
See my Website at jdroachphotography.com
See My Flickr Photostream

G