Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Olympus OM metering unique ??

Thu 21-Jun-01 09:54 AM

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-01 AT 11:55 AM (GMT)

Hi everyone ,

I own an Olympus OM4. A feature that camera has is the ability to close the shutter when enough light has reached the film plane while shooting.

Thus when I shoot a difficult macro subject , I just put the camera in Auto , and with a flash that is NOT connected in any way to the camera body , I start to fire small bursts at the subject at different angles. When the exposure is judjed OK by the camera (which can take for example 20 flashes and 4 - 5 minutes of time) the camera closes the shutter and the picture is finished. I get Perfect results every time !

What I nned to know.... Is there any other camera except Olympus which can meter the subject while the shutter is open and close the curtain accordingly ?

Thank you for your time

Anemos

G