Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Decided on the RX1 R this is it in Concert

SteveH

Milwaukee, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SteveH Registered since 08th Jan 2004
Wed 14-Aug-13 03:28 AM | edited Wed 14-Aug-13 04:00 AM by SteveH

Thought I'd post a few images from my first day with the RX 1 R. Picked it up at 10:30, charged the battery and headed out the door to a concert. I personally see a difference, noticeable from my RX 1, in the RAW files. I didn't have both cameras at the same time to do a real side by side, but from the files on my computer I can see a difference in detail/sharpness. I personally think that people get caught up looking at very small portions of an image to gauge sharpness and the differences are even more evident when you look at the entire image. Everything else about the cameras seems the same, excellent.

The pictures were not sharpened at all. It's was a tough venue; motion, low light, spot lights, changing colors, and smoke at this one. The RX1R did an awesome job handling the challenge. I shot 75% with my D4 and the rest of the environmental or, terrior shots, to give a sense of place, were with the RX1 R.

On the third photo the framing is too tight but I literally had my ear against one of the speaker towers on that side of the stage.

Best,
Steve H.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

G