Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Quality Travel Camera??

iain66

Wynyard, AU
82 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
iain66 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jan 2005
Fri 19-Jul-13 03:48 AM

Hi,

I have just spent a couple of months in Europe and took along my D7000 with 16-85 lens, while a great combination the constant weight and inconvenience finally got to me. So for the next trip I am looking for something lighter, smaller but still giving me great IQ, of course I don't expect the same as the D7000 but something decent. I have a Leica D-Lux 5 with a Viewfinder which fits the bill nicely but not in IQ, lots of noise in poor light such as inside Cathedrals and while the 85-90mm top end range is not brilliant for telephoto the Leica cannot suffer much in the way of cropping as could the D7000. The two camera's that I am really interested in are the 4/3 Olympus Pen E-P5 + VF-4 Viewfinder +14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Lens or the Fuji XE1 with 18-55mm lens. I have no experience with either the 4/3 format or Fuji's so I would really welcome and appreciate any thoughts or advice on the matter.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Quality Travel Camera??

G