Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Fuji X100 Macro Mode and a couple of Daylilies!

jdroach

Milwaukee, US
7122 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009
Wed 17-Jul-13 02:14 PM | edited Wed 17-Jul-13 02:14 PM by jdroach

Being relatively new to Wisconsin and the Milwaukee area, I hadn't got over to Wehr Nature Center and the Boerner Botanical Gardens. Yesterday it was over 90 degrees. So I figured I would go to the Domes and do some indoor flower Photography, but prior to doing so I wanted to learn where Boerner and Wehr was located. I signed up for membership at Wehr and found out that my membership at the Domes was reciprocal at Boerner. I also was told that the Daylilies were at their peak at Boerner. So I decided to stay and see them. I didn't break out the big D700 SLR, Macro and the Tripod (just too hot), but instead decided to use my Fuji X100. Focusing in the bright light and the little bit of breeze hand held was a challenge (so a little soft at times), however I capture a few with some wonderful light and color. Here are two that I thought I would share just because they are so beautiful.

Taken with Fuji X100, AP, 23mm Macro setting, ISO 200, Brightness 9.4 EV, -1 EV bias, f/5.6, 1/2000s.

Click on image to view larger version

Taken with Fuji X100, AP, 23mm Macro setting, ISO 200, Brightness 8.8 Ev, -1 EV bias, f/5.6, 1/1700s.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

jdroach

Visit my Nikonian gallery
See my Website at jdroachphotography.com
See My Flickr Photostream

G