Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cross camera-discussion/thoughts/comments /

Larry E30

US
3531 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Sun 30-Jun-13 07:20 PM

Thoughts etc. of my (stuff),your (stuff).

- Going through my stuff - I had the thought to sell my Panasonic 14mm f2.5 ,
as to recoupe some money(for ,I am buying so many classic old digital cameras-about 20)paid $176.00 for it(new)
but;
playing with it...on my Panasonic GF3 ....I found Vivian Maier...camera shoots 1:1,6:6...so better to KEEP it.

And how small and light it is.

- I tell ya ; I'm finding a lot of (power) in Olympus cameras.
I'm developing a small army of cameras.My 7070 has a wide converter =19mm @ conv.,the 8080 is quite impressive,the 20n is the biggest surprise ;with BIG TTL,and my only SLR ;E-330

- the Panasonic cameras are just...AWESOME,for size and quality.
My GH1 w/7-14 is a dream.And my GF3 is tiny and AWESOME w/14mm or 8mm on it.
And the classic LC1 ;has become my #1 fav. camera.
I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND THESE CAMERAS.

- do you like classic cameras ,or no,and why?

-is it better to master ONE camera system set up?

-the Samsung TL500 is a big surprise - big swivel,big,fast lens,nice grid,very decent size.And lots of fun/creative options.I also recommend this camera.

-I had a 3.2mp camera that I took kayaking for many years...and had great pics from it.So;for all small stuff,MP's don't seem to be of major importance.Slideshows/email,computer size prints.

-Is buying cameras/lenses on ebay addicting ? ...for me;it has been.
But,satisfing.
And I sell off what I like least.

-Yard saling !; wow have I got some deals ; and it helps cover my addition/habbit.But,if I could buy a 1.2 lens for $10.00
and sell for $240.00 !!!!!Lots of options...you can find converters etc.

-I'm leaning toward P+S/bridge alone(though I have one SLR,and I decided to get a second lens,tele)
We are SO blessed;as to all that's available...and i'm able to HAVE so much.

-Nikonian has become better than camera clubs for me.Nikonian is a new age form of camera club.
All people specialize in different things,and we can all share - different/learning things.
And I love photographing phot equipment for the bay...
And funny,what I specialize in is slideshows with music...
but here in Nikonian ,I seem to be doing camera(reviews)buying classics/sharing.
I strongly desire to go on more outtings...I joy in coming home to share my best on Nikonian...

-Yes!!!,I just had auto rejoin Nikonian,for this next segment year for me.
I KNOW not everyone likes me,I'm quite different,beyond comprehention ,but I bet some DO like me.
I do plan and hope to share lots of good/and focus only on the good,and where possible,talk more with people,(I seem to DO my own thing).
So ,I hope to make some awesome topics and share some awesome shots....

-add,add,add here,different thoughts on different things,different cameras,ways;
"What's your dream!?",as said in 'Pritty Woman'.
Me= cameras,cameras,and cameras.!Slideshows,Outtings,Kool and different photography.Stretching INTO photography possabilities.

Happy day

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cross camera-discussion/thoughts/comments /

G