Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Closer focus - Canon SX40HS - close up filter

Larry E30

US
3540 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Mon 20-May-13 07:06 PM | edited Mon 20-May-13 07:10 PM by Larry E30

I'm up to my old tricks,or is it old knowledge...?

The Canon SX40HS does not have regular threads(52mm),but it's still about 52mm....RIBS

So,as I did in the past...I had the SX30HS,I carefully crossthread it on...being careful not to turn too much,and making sure it won't fall off.

ie = first shot of fly...is full frame(uncropped),HH,from about 2 feet,at 840mm
- now without this filter - forget zoomed out close focus.

I had the 3T and the 4T in the recent past,so I knew which one that worked best for me.

And most go for over $100.00
But I got mine in condition 6 for $35.00

All these shots are shot at about half the distance at which the zoom would useually focus.

There is a Sigma duplet close up filter that's not as sharp as the Nikon,but better than the 1 element filters

Larry (I do recommend the Canon SX40 or better yet the SX50,but know-you need to use EXTRA care to get the results you want).

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

G