Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fuji X10 RAW Conversion

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Mon 28-Jan-13 01:56 AM

I'm traveling without my full set of tools, but I do have my X10 along with X100 as my main cameras. I've noticed that when converting my RAW X10 files, the LR4 sharpening algorithms often introduce some alligator skin artifacts. Small blotchy grain "leopard spot" patterns that can be quite unflattering on skin under enlargement.

I'm trying to sort this out and I'm looking for suitable images to post to illustrate this. I've tried the RAW conversion using Oloneo PhotoEngine and processing the resulting TIF in CS5. These results seem much more pleasing, but more tedious than using just LR4. Over the next few weeks, I'll post some images as I get the review organized.

Has anyone else noticed generating spotted jpg artifacts using the LR4 sharpening algorithms on Fuji X10 RAW files?

On the road, trying to sort this out.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G