Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My Spectacular Images...

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US
1696 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Sun 27-Jan-13 07:03 PM | edited Mon 28-Jan-13 01:50 AM by snegron

For some time now I have been re-bitten by the medium format film bug. I took my old Mamiya 645E out of the closet, purchased several rolls of Kodak Tmax and Agfa Delta and planned a weekend road trip with my wife and kids.

I loaded the film and shot off a few very carefully composed, Ansel Adams-esque images of my kids at Epcot this weekend. I was in a somewhat joyful, delirious state of mind thinking about how I would frame these B&W film masterpieces once I got them back from the lab.

At the end of the day, when I thought I had shot my 15 frames and was ready to load up another roll of film, I noticed that the frame counter had not advanced. How could this be, I'm sure I had shot at least 14 museum-quality masterpieces throughout the day?!?

Upon careful examination I noticed that I had forgotten to switch the Multiple Exposure Lever back to the normal position after I loaded the roll of film!!! In other words, I didn't take one single picture!!!

What is the ultimate message here? There is none. I was just so bummed out that I had to share my frustration with someone. While I had the urge to just toss the camera in the nearest trash can and simply walk away, common sense kicked in and told me that I was entirely at fault, not the camera.

Ok, I feel better now.

p.s. I hope no one here truly believes that I think so highly of my photographic "skills"! The whole film project was simply an experiment to test my old camera and hopefully get a semi-decent shot of my kids. I actually found it somewhat amusing (although a tad bit frustrating after having hauled the heavy beast of a camera the entire day) coming to the realization that I didn't capture one single image.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My Spectacular Images...

G