Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Offered a Contax Kit with Zeiss lenses, but what's it worth?

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4561 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Wed 12-Dec-12 03:08 PM

I belong to a Monochrome Society and a member has offered me a complete and mint Contax kit. It comprises of:

Contax 167MT body.
Carl Zeiss PLANAR 50mm F1.7 T
Contax Carl Zeiss Sonnar T 135mm f2.8
Contax TLA 20 flash
Carl Zeiss UV filters
All are in original packaging.

I used film until turning digital in 2003 and sold my Olympus OM4Ti and lenses. 5 years ago I had a fling with a Nikon F3, but sold it and rather regretted it. As I am far more serious about all photography than some others he has offered me this kit. Sad, but he is aging (aren't we all) and wants his kit to go to a good home. In any event I've thought about buying some vintage kit as a hobby. He hasn't given me a price and just said give me what I can afford!! I do not want to let him accept a derisory amount.

Does someone know of this kit, and about how much it may be worth please? I know the camera is I believe is a fairly basic model,but unsure of the lenses.

Thanks

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

G