Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Purchased a brand new Camera ; Canon SX 40 IS;

Larry E30

US
3440 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Mon 22-Oct-12 03:14 AM | edited Mon 22-Oct-12 04:33 AM by Larry E30

Not to be confused with my previous SX 30 IS.And this was on clearence/sale because the SX 50 IS is in .

Goes from 24mm - 840mm in 35mm conversion,WITH AWESOME IMAGE STABILIATION.

It has a real nice /solid feel to it too.

In Bset Buy ,I shot boxes way up and far across the store...then at 400,800,and even very satisfactory results at 1600.

I'd zoom in the taken image...and go to corners to see and read the words on the boxes.

Now - writen in stone = This is a beautiful companion P+S camera to my Nikon 8400 w nikon glass wide converter ... = to 17mm @ 35mm conv.
So I have both cameras hanging,do 17mm-20mm with the 8400 and 24mm-840mm with the canon.

My P+S set-up IS AS YOU SET UP YOUR DIGITAL SLR OUTFIT.

This camera replaces ,in the bag, my Canon S5 IS = 35mm-430mm

Pics to follow.

..."I just went to Best Buy to spend a little fun time...see some stuff."!
Brand new/unopened...sale was $349.00 ,but I wanted a free battery - he checked his stores' email...and it said $315.00,extra battery was $40.00

Well,a very happy good night to all...oh - I can shoot HH,without a tripod or monopod and get sharp shots at high mm's...
-for the shows I do...all is fine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Purchased a brand new Camera ; Canon SX 40 IS;

G