Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Johnhw

US
167 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Johnhw Registered since 09th Jun 2009
Mon 02-Jul-12 01:29 PM

Hi all,

I just thought I would start a new thread since the original by Brian was getting rather lengthy. With that in mind...a couple of comments.

1. Brian...I know you sent yours in to replace the sensor...back yet? findings?

2. As I had remarked in part of your original post that I may purchase one...for my wife (lol) well, this weekend I did. Love the little guy and a good companion/backup to my x pro1. I took some time and played with it a bit more...the macro feature/s are great...wow, talk about close focusing. I wanted a camera that could act as a backup if need be, act as a P&S for my wife, and a everyday/travel camera. Seems to fit the bill. So in my bag is Fuji number 2.

3. In getting my gear the way I wanted I want to make a comment about a camera bag I purchased also. I had numerous (will not mention a number) but recently bought a ipad and wanted a combo bag to carry that as well. I almost walked out with a Think Tank UD70 which is a great constructed bag. for me, it was important to have some easy accessible front pockets for passport, etc. without having to access the main bag. I have had lets just say most all company bags.

Anyway I happened to eye a Tenba Messenger Bag at the last minute. It has front pockets, a camera liner that can be taken out (which I did this morning while using the bag for work), and a great feature of a main zipper that allows you access into the bag without having to open the entire flap so you are able to leave the bag secured. I won;t get into all the features but to me it was thinner, lightweight, well constructed and met my needs very well. Anyone looking for a bag may want to check it out. i got the Large model which is just a inch or so taller than the small.

That's my news for the weekend. i am sure I will have some now specific need information regarding using the x10 so stand by.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fuji X10 (Part 2)

G