Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Pentax KX heating up ! ;

Larry E30

US
3435 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Wed 28-Mar-12 03:41 PM | edited Thu 29-Mar-12 09:38 PM by Larry E30

Hi all,my first SLR(about 35 years ago) was the Pentax KX.What a dream camera.(second fav was the Nikon FE)

I will have 2 - 3 lenses with it.;Vivitar 28-80mm w shade -in awesome shape,a Pentax 135mm in OK shape...and I have a bid in on a 40mm pancake 2.8

True,I didn't win the KX yet...but I passed up some cheaper KX's to buy a real nice condition one...and I have a good ,healthy bid in.

This camera is like having a classic car!All three lenses are short in length/compact.

Tomorrow by 3 pm I will know...(KX)
...And a side note - tomorrow night 7pm I'm doing my biggest photo show of my life!

Happy day / Larry

ADD-Sure is heating up - being it's in such nice condition - collectors may be after it...
,my healthy bid got smashed.
But,at 3:20ish ,I plan on putting in an (unhealthy) bid.

Add 2;('Starting to boil');I'm now strongly considering the K2.Same metering pattern and make as the KX,but (as Nikon FE)ALSO has auto/apperature priority.

ADD 3 ; OK-same price for either...in real nice shape...went with KEH-they have a free 6 month repair...etc. , I settled on the K2.
Same viewfinder/displays/shutters w/floating exposure needle...which I like,;
differences; K2 metal vertical electronic shutter,and K2 has apperature auto.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Pentax KX heating up ! ;

G