Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Century graphic and sum up of my 120 film cameras;

Larry E30

US
3435 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Wed 14-Mar-12 01:34 AM | edited Wed 14-Mar-12 01:51 AM by Larry E30

Just won a Centrury Graphic ($400.00).Has 2 backs 6x9 and the one I want is 6x7.Has a hand grip and an awesome lens ; Carl Zeiss Tessar 3.5(hope it is coated)

So...I am looking forward to using this -> had no idea I'd be also doing film again...but it's exciting!
And now that film can be scanned...!(back in the game.!)

So I will fill in with results as I get em'.

Now, a sum up;

* my Zeiss 521A(6x4.5) is headed back to seller for a bellows fix...I'm getting it back(I love this camera.!)
*my Walta Waltax 6x6,from the same seller,top-CLA'd cond.,is headed to me.
I have a second 6x6 format - that is my Yashica 124G.(first two are folders...
Century G is a press/semi view type camera.
*and one of the joys of my life is the;
Brooks-Plaubel Veriwide,with the 47mm f5.6,with perminent set rise.

OK. My Century does NOT have a ground glass back ... I wasn't planning on changing lenses or useing as a view camera...though I WILL be useing small view adjustments!(I may eventually get one so as to use as a make-shift view camera...)(guess I wish it had it instead of the 6x9 back)

So ,in review again... ; I will have (film) 6x4.5,6x6,6x7,and 6x10

I say I'm set-...NO MORE BUYING. (.)I am doing minor selling...just sold my Olympus E-PL1 whole outfit(just wasn't useing it enough).
And I decided to sell my Fuji S2 ...will be sold in days.(used it VERY little since buying).

So this 120 stuff is a new interest,hopefully I'm set...and not a collector , but a shooter/photographer.
Want to get my equipment to -'what I am useing' ...

Very happy day...of the 'Century' / Larry

And a note on Zeiss Tessar lenses...; this Century has one...so does my Walta,and my 521A ...and they both have "T"'s (Century no "T")...
but I was REALLY impressed with my test of the 521A TESSAR "T",wow,as good overall as any lens I have to date.So 3 of my 5 film cameras will have Tessars!
And I have seen some results with the Super Angulon 47mm...to super good.(so wide good)
Other is the Yashica.

See my 521A test - here in 'Non-Nikon',see that shot with white building and stairs...I had to 'fix' the whole middle,because of a light leak.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/larry_e-30/sets/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Century graphic and sum up of my 120 film cameras;

G