Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just Bought A Canon G12

chetatkinsdiet

Dallas, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chetatkinsdiet Registered since 06th Jan 2012
Wed 29-Feb-12 06:46 PM

Man, I've had a DSLR for a few months and I'm already turning into a camera snob....I jest....
I was looking for something to replace my old Nikon S203 and did all the usual research....Oly XZ-1, Nikon P7000, Fuji X10/100, etc. I was about to get ready to pull the trigger on the Oly as it seemed to fit my needs best, but I ran across a deal on a very, very, slightly used G12 for $300. I couldn't pass it up.

My main thing was something smaller than the DSLR with no extended lens sticking out that wouldn't easily fit in a console, glovebox, briefcase, coat pocket, etc. I also wanted to shoot RAW. Again, not being a snob, just know my own abilities and I love the chance to correct EXP and WB after the fact.

Now, if I can just quit surfing all the accessories for this thing.

m

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G