Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pjr

Manotick, CA
2246 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pjr Registered since 26th Dec 2005
Tue 03-Jan-12 06:02 PM | edited Tue 03-Jan-12 06:04 PM by pjr

I never thought I'd return to using film. However, I recently bought an Epson V600 scanner, and was amazed by the quality of the files I got when scanning film.

That, in turn, prompted me to get something I've always wanted - just today - a Rolleiflex!

I've always loved the look of them, in the same way I love the look of vintage cars. I'll be getting it in a couple of weeks; it's a 3.5E Type 1 (1956-59) with a Carl Zeiss f3.5 Planar taking lens, in near mint condition, from eBay, so I'm pretty excited! It's also the first camera I've ever bought from eBay, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I've owned several MF cameras in the past: 500CM and 503CW Hasseys, a Pentax 645 and I still have an old Rolleicord that needs repair, so, nothing really to learn. I will have to slow down, of course, and be more contemplative since I'll be shooting film again!

So, next, I need to start looking at hand-held light meters, get a cable release and a brick or two of film.

Any other Rollei shooters here?

I can't wait!

Phil
A Canadian Nikonian
My portfolio: www.pjr99.500px.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Back to film.