Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Leica M3 and shooting film

Uscbryan

Irvine, US
291 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Uscbryan Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2010
Thu 24-Nov-11 06:10 AM

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I am asking on Nikonians because I get a lot of good info here. I currently shoot with a d7000, I started my phtography hobby about 2 years ago with the d90 but REALLY got ino it a year ago. Last year I saw my first Leica and I thought it was beautiful. It was a m9 and way too expensive for me at this point since I'm still trying to build my Nikon kit.

My question is, is there any benefit to shooting film? Will it help me shoot digital better? I'm thinking of the Leica M3 since it is more affordable, it's something I can start a collection with and at the same time I could dabble in film every once in awhile. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a Leica I can afford but I do have a little itching to try film. I'm 42 and my only real memory of using a film camera was a disk camera I got for Christmas as a kid.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Leica M3 and shooting film