Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question re: Canon G12

jerry r

US
701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jerry r Registered since 08th Oct 2008
Sat 22-Oct-11 01:05 AM

As a point and shoot alternative to our D7000's and D300's, we have a Canon G12 (Which I rarely use).

My question: I want to go back and check a shutter speed and/or fstop after taking the picture. Immediately after taking the picture I can see this information. However, when I use the playback function later on I cannot.

On the G10 one of the display screens had this info. On the G12 the screen shows separate RGB histograms instead. Although I really like the RGB screens to correct exposure and/or white balance, there are times in the field I want to know what shutter speed or f stop was used for an image. I shoot almost exclusively in aperture priority.

When in playback is there any way, short of my getting home to CS-5, that I can see the shutter speed and/or aperture for a shot after I have taken another shot?

This will teach me not to desert Nikon, not even for a point and shoot.

Thanks, Jerry

G