Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Jim Mohundro

Seattle, US
450 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jim Mohundro Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2008
Sat 24-Sep-11 01:57 AM | edited Sat 24-Sep-11 05:22 PM by Jim Mohundro

Here's a Panasonic GF1 image

Click on image to view larger version
from a recent trip to Siena, Italy. Some brief metadata: f/5.1 @ 1/2000, 400 ISO, lens 14-45 zoom @ 28mm/58mm 35mm equivalent. The image has been sharpened slightly to "75" from default "25" and exposure reduced by -0.25 in LR 3, modified by develop preset Nikon D2X Mode II.

The GF1 was an experiment. I wanted a camera body and a couple of lenses notably lighter than my D700 for the sustained touristy walks in predictably 85F, muggy weather in Italy in early September (Rome and Siena). As an amateur, I was comfortable with the smaller sensor and pleased with the fairly manual settings for the Panny, and I was not looking so much for marketable images as for a pleasant holiday with photography an important but secondary trip purpose.

I used the EVF much of the time, indoors and out, liked the Gordy's wrist strap less than the Optechs neck strap when extracting the camera from my Domke J5XB which was just slightly too tight for swift movement to and from with the EVF mounted. I think next time, with the same kit, I'd use the TT #5 retrospective bag.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G