Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lightroom 3 has saved my GF 1 shots

jpFoto

US
1114 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010
Fri 23-Sep-11 09:41 PM | edited Fri 23-Sep-11 09:49 PM by jpFoto

I was very upset with my experience with my Panasonic GF 1 and had posted my opinions here on at least a couple of occasions. I felt that I had missed a "once in a lifetime" photo op. I later recognized that it was my fault for thinking that I could shoot wide open and at high ISOs with the GF 1 just like I could have done with my then D700. That was obviously not the case. You have to stop down and keep the ISO relatively low, and I know that the GF1 was not for me, and I had returned it within a week or so of the purchase. But, I recently bought Lightroom 3, and pulled in a few of the shots that I really liked with the GF 1 and have salvaged the ones that I really felt were the missed "beauties." So, although I still don't care for the camera because I have been spoiled by the D700 and now the D3S, together with all of the nice Nikon glass, I officially forgive it.

jP

G