Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

X100 jpg / multi metering / highlights

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Mon 25-Jul-11 01:26 AM

I've had some really good results from just jpg files from the X100, I especially like the flesh tones. Last week I made a quick trip across "Trail Ridge Drive" in Rocky Mountain National Park. A large storm was moving in and the dark skies made photography in the even more dark valleys difficult. These images were taken with both RAW/jpg-fine. I decided to process the jpg files here to see how they held up against the very dark/flat and sometimes dramatic lighting changes. These were taken in auto or aperture-preferred with multi metering. Typically no compensation.

I'll be using this camera for an upcoming trip and I'm considering just using jpg files for my captures.

What's your experience?

The images can be seen here:

http://snappix.smugmug.com/Photography/Fuji-X100-jpg-Trials/18204904_7hf42w#1399037285_8hZVVRS

Best Regards,
Roger

G