Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Before I buy an S2 Pro ...

dlmccolm

Whistler, CA
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dlmccolm Registered since 24th Mar 2002
Sun 20-Oct-02 05:01 PM

I'm considering buying an S2 Pro but have a couple of questions (actually many, but I'll keep it to two):
1. In the November Popular Photography article on the S2 it says that "the S2 Pro doesn't offer D-TTL metering with some of the newest Nikon SB Speedlight flash units". I have an 80DX. Will the S2 Pro provide D-TTL metering with the 80DX? Is this also an issue with the D100? Is this something that should concern me? I appears that the S2 Pro will also work with my Sb-24 so that is a good thing!
2. I am going on a trip to Maui with my 2 girls at the end of Nov. (it's our first trip there and we are all quite excited about it). Of course, I will be shooting photos of them like crazy - so I need to address the storage issue. I don't have a laptop. If I were to buy an Apple iPod (10 or 20Gig) (I also have a Mac system), could I use it as my storage source? Both the camera and the iPod have firewire so this is one reason I am considering the S2.
I really have a lot to learn about the computer side of all this but assume with patience, study and a few $'s it will all work out!
By the way, while the battery situation sounds a bit strange with the S2, seeing Duck's photo of "My Little Intellectual One" has me going wow! It keeps me proceeding down the S2 road. Thanks and have a great day.

David in Whistler

G