Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Will monopod help provide slight sharpness increase?

bens0472

Roswell, US
819 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bens0472 Basic Member
Tue 28-Mar-06 06:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX APO HSM and have found that my handholding technique could use, well, a little hand-holding. In general, I fit the 1/focal length rule...perhaps slightly shakier.

I use this lens primarily in good daylight and around sunset/sunrise to shoot my daughter and other toddlers in our area, mostly candid stuff. There are times where I find that I need shutter speeds just slower than what I'm capable of handholding (I can typically get good results around 1/250. I'm wondering if, under these circumstances, a monopod (with proper use, of course) would provide any more stability. I can't use a tripod in this circumstance, because I find myself running around and changing positions too frequently, so a monopod seems the only option outside of increasing ISO beyond a comfortable setting.

Many thanks,

Ben

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Will monopod help provide slight sharpness increase

G