Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Head and Leg Stability issues...

Tony B

Eau Claire, US
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tony B Registered since 31st Mar 2002
Fri 14-Jun-02 06:08 PM

Well, I think I have narrowed my Tripod purchase down to the new Bogen 719B tripod with built in ball head. I like the compact folding size(20.5 inches), the somewhat lighter weight(3.7lbs), as well as the height(51 inches without center column). I do have a few reservations though that I would like some opinions on...

First off, the ball head (based on my ball head of choice, the Bogen 3413 ball head according to the information recieved from a Bogen Rep) is not removeable, so I would have to get the Bogen 3299 Quick Release adapter for quick release function. Will this make the head less stable or will it not make any difference?

Second, this 719B tripod has 4 section legs, rather than the more standard 3 section legs, wich allow for the smaller folded size of 20.5 inches, as well as maintaining the nice 51 inch max height. In generall will 4 section legs be less stable than the standard 3 section legs? or will the difference be negligible from a reputable brand such as Bogen?

Any comments or opinions would be appreciated...

Cheers,

Tony B

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Head and Leg Stability issues...

G