Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What's wrong with Amvona?

Navy Photog

Kenosha, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Navy Photog Registered since 10th Nov 2005
Thu 16-Feb-06 03:21 PM

I have to disclaim at the get-go that I don't really frequent this particular section of Nikonians, but do check in from time to time. What I'm wondering is why, when I do, does nobody ever seem to mention Amvona (Dynatran)? There are a lot of folks that come here asking what their firat tripod should be, and all I ever see are the "salon brands" recommended. I nearly went down that road until I discovered Amvona, and that they sell Carbon Fiber tripods with pistol grip ballheads at fractions of what the recommended brands go for. I bought one, and can tell now that I will never look anywhere else! I have also talked to others who have owned the salon brands and now use Amvona products who will never look back. So my question again is: What's wrong with Amvona? And if I may be so bold, why are so many first-time purchasers told to go spend hundreds of, or even 1000+, dollars for a tripod and head just because it says "Gitzo" on the side, when they can have such an outstanding product for less than $200 from the Big Auction Site? I mean no disrespect to anyone, and apologize if I am being over-the-top, but the advice I see on this board concerns me for my fellow Nikonians. I really think they're being denied a great opportunity to save a lot of money for an at least equivalent product.

Let the tomatoes fly!

-J
<><

Check out my Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What's wrong with Amvona?
               Reply message What model of Amvona monopod?

G