Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

User of both Markins M10 and RRS BH-40

nate200202

US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nate200202 Registered since 28th Dec 2005
Thu 26-Jan-06 01:44 AM

I have searched elsewhere and hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but I need some help deciding between two great ballheads: the Markins M10 and Really Right Stuff BH-40. The price difference is negligible, and so is the weight. The load capacity is not really a concern because I will never load either over their limits.

I would love to hear from people who own them and specifically, anyone who has used both of them. It is so hard to shell out money for products I have never seen let alone decide between them.

So, any input on the operation of the two, which is smoother, has the best locking action, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

I am using light lenses (105mm macro is the largest at the moment) on a Gitzo Explorer G2220.

Thank you all.

www.nathangriffin.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: User of both Markins M10 and RRS BH-40