Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gitzo carbon fiber for much less, UK to US...

BJNicholls

Salt Lake City, US
10095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter Member
Fri 19-Apr-02 03:30 PM

My new Gitzo 1348 carbon fiber tripod was just delivered. I ordered it a week ago from Robert White in the UK. The US price for this tripod at the best mail order sites is $900-$930, not including shipping. My total cost with UPS overseas express shipping came to $556. This is my first order from http://www.robertwhite.co.uk , but my research (and this buying experience) found them to be very reliable and helpful. The $375-$400 savings put this high end tripod within my reach - at least once I sell my Gitzo carbon Explorer tripod.

You'll find similar dramatic savings on Mamiya cameras and lenses, for most other makes including Nikon, the prices are roughly on par with US mail order prices and the shipping costs are high from the UK as you would expect. And this pricing will fluxuate with exchange rates... run the exchange calculator to get a very close estimate of the actual cost after currency conversion.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Gitzo carbon fiber for much less, UK to US...
Reply message Gitzo carbon fiber for much less, UK to US...

G