Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mwagner1

Burnet, US
1924 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mwagner1 Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Mon 18-Mar-02 11:40 PM

Evening all....

Just out of curiosity, how many here have dealt with RRS???

You see, I called them today asking about a release plate for my upcoming Bogen 3047 pan/tilt head.

Well, I have heard that they are VERY opinionated, but what I heard today was bizarre.

First.....the other day, I pulled out John Shaw's 1996 book on landscape photography. He listed the Bogen 3047 pan/tilt head as a great head to use. I also mentioned the Gitzo G1377M ball head.

I was quickly told that the 3047 is a piece of junk and NOT worth the money, and though they did not come out and say it, I got the impression that they felt the same way about the G1337M....

All they crow about is the Arca Swiss head.....

Come on, if Moose Peterson likes the G1377M and John Shaw likes the 3047...well, what is it with these people????

I did not even mention my future interest in a Kirk BH-1 as I could only imagine what sort of tirade that would have brought on....

Anyway..I know that RRS's opinions are just that.....

So, to my fellow Nikonaholics..what do you recommend?? Do I dump the idea of the 3047, and simply wait until after the bloody April 15th IRS SCREW ME session for the Kirk BH-1 or G1337M?????

Any thoughts are welcome!!!

Cheers,

Mark in Austin

Mark, an Austin Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Really Right Stuff