Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Really Right Stuff L plate

Obregon

New York City, US
2611 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Obregon Moderator Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Thu 21-Feb-02 01:22 PM

I've been using the RRS plates for my ball head with my N80 but since RRS doesn't make an L plate for the N80, I never had to make a choice. I've added an F100 and I have the choice of the regular plate (at an outrageous price) or an L plate (at a really outrageous price). I can see the advantage of the L plate for vertical format pictures using a tripod. However I like to keep the plate in place when I'm handholding and the L plate looks a little inconvenient for this. Does anyone have any experience with RRS L plates they can share?

G