Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

what tripod to get ?

moo

Portland, US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
moo Registered since 03rd Feb 2002
Mon 18-Feb-02 01:36 AM

My tripod just broke last week and I need a new one. My old tripod was a total piece of crap it wobbled all over, and if I put my camera on it for too long... the legs would start to collapse.

I was taking pictures of tabletop arrangements and left the room. It looks like the weight of my N80 collapsed one of the legs. The whole thing fell over and the "head" broke off. My N80 looks fine though :-D somehow it came out unscathed.

Apparently there are a million tripod models out there... I'll have around $150 to spend. I would like it to be able to get it low to the ground, but that not super important. I would also like it to have a built in level, but again I can live without that. Most of all I want one that is actually sturdy and able to hold my N80 and in the future a battery grip and zoom lens. I don’t care to much about weight since I’m young

Right now I’m using my UltraPod II’s Velcro to attach my camera to a mop. DIY monopod. For low shots, I Velcro the camera to a chair leg.

--
Jean-Michel Moreau (N80)
https://www.nikonians.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=user_profiles&user=moo

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: what tripod to get ?