Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Monopods and Tripods

wyle_63

Toronto, CA
304 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wyle_63 Registered since 06th Feb 2002
Sun 17-Feb-02 02:21 AM

Fellow Nikonians, I realize that having both a monopod and tripod is probably the best way to go. Or is it? I am relatively new in photography and have never purchased either except for a real cheap tripod years ago. I think I have decided on a head - Manfrotto 222. The question is, Monopod vs. Tripod. If having both is the way to go which one would you experienced photographers suggest first. If one is more preferable than the other which one? I like to shoot nature and landscape the most but not exclusively. I am currently using an F80 and 70-300 but plan on either an 80-200 2.8 and/or 300 f4 down the road. I like the Manfrotto gear and have been looking at the 3221. Any suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Rick The New Guy

Rick :-)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Monopods and Tripods