Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remote shutter release options

lstavast

Allen, US
1071 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lstavast Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Registered since 01st Jan 2003
Mon 11-Feb-02 06:23 PM

Other than short cables that directly attach to the camera (I have F100/N80) what are the options to remotely release the shutter.

I know how to use the self timer, and setup a trap-focus trigger (thanks BJ)

I know Nikon has 2 cables - one simple, another with more controls - something like 70-150$. They don't have the range I'm looking for - which would be up to about 50M.

I'm not sure I want an infrared trip - I'm probably more interested in a radio signal (that doesn't require line of sight) with controllable channels. I might also want to use it ON camera to trigger studio strobes. It would be useful to have intravolometer capabilities, eg. fire a frame every so often.

What exists out there for these purposes, procs/cons and general cost.

Someone out there has to know this. Maybe nature photogs or working pros who run into the need - if there's a good comparison/compendium of this sort of information I'd appreciate a pointer to it.

Thanks in advance,
Lyle Stavast

Lyle

G