Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Impressed by a Giotto's travel tripod

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5255 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Fri 30-Aug-13 10:05 AM

Hi!

Yesterday, I entered my usual shop to have a look at the second-hand department. Nothing exciting there, but discussing with one of the salespeople there, I noticed a small but serious-looking tripod on the ground. I did not record the exact model, but it was really short, the legs can be folded over the head for compactness (?) and it's really, really very light! When completely out, the legs, although they are the thinnest I have ever looked at, still resist pression well and there is little vibration.

The only aspect was the supplied ballhead, with a non-A-S clamp. But there is one that seems to be A-S compatible in the catalogue and of course of the S(mall) series.

Here's a link the the Vitruvian line.

Being already the proud owner of two tripods, I will not jump directly onto it. But as a companion dedicated to my compact camera, it might be worth a thought or two, especially at 33 centimeters (folded) and under a kilo including the head. And as I don't have a dedicated A-S plate or L-bracket for the little Fuji, even the non-standard plate and clamp would not be too much of a nuisance.

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Impressed by a Giotto's travel tripod

G