Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yet another Tripod/head thread

allenz

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
allenz Registered since 15th Aug 2013
Thu 15-Aug-13 12:54 AM | edited Thu 15-Aug-13 01:06 AM by allenz

Hello All,

I am new here, and I figured one way to introduce myself is to post a question..so here goes:

In the near future I plan on purchasing a tripod and head for use with my Nikon D7000; majority of use will be with a 60mm Micro and a Sigma 150-500 zoom lens. The subject matter will be most anything stationary to birds in flight. Being a 'mature' man with a bad back, I am thinking CF. I do not expect to be hiking or carrying the equipment very long distances either.

I've done quite a bit of research, which unfortunately has not narrowed the field much. Currently I am leaning in the direction of Feisol 3441s, 3342 or 3442, Sirui N1204 or N2204, Manfrotto CX190Pro4 or CX55Pro3...like I said, not much thinning of the herd.

For heads either a Feisol, Sirui or perhaps Photo Clam. Not sure which size makes the most sense.

The main issue I seem to run into is budget...I would like to stay around $500, which will be tough - saying that I do not want to be 'penny-wise and pound-foolish.' I have looking into used, but the pickings are pretty slim. I am very open to suggestions, advice, etc.

Thanks in advance and I hope this inquiry is not a problem for a new poster.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Yet another Tripod/head thread

G