Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Series 2 GItzo Tripod with the new 80-400 lens?

Chardonnay57

Lewes, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Chardonnay57 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2009
Sun 16-Jun-13 10:37 AM

Hello,

I will be going to the Galapagos Islands soon and will be taking my new 80-400 lens. I currently own a Gitzo GH2780TQR series 2 traveler tripod. Do you think this will be stable enough using my D800e and 80-400 lens with long lens technique? I know the lens is handhold able, but my hands are small and a bit shaky so I want the added support of a tripod.

I will be going on a photo tour of the islands and my 80-400 lens will be one of the smallest lens on this trip <g>. Everyone will be using tripods.

Thanks for any advice!!!

-Luann

PS, My first post but a long time lurker.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Series 2 GItzo Tripod with the new 80-400 lens?

G