Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need advice on appropriate tripod system

Steve6344

Aventura, US
517 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Steve6344 Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012
Mon 03-Jun-13 03:42 PM

Hi,
Had a bad experience (camera fell) with my Induro AK-B2 tripod which I have decided to sell.

I an amateur- somewhere between intermediate and advanced. Am 6'4" that puts a requirement on tripod height. My camera gear right now with longest lens and battery grip is under 5 pounds- don't envisage going over 6 pounds.. I like to shoot landscape. I would like a ball head function for general use but also would like to pan with the camera only moving horizontally. Also,
I don't want the camera to droop after locking the head- the Induro did that. Need a rock solid quick release system. I looked at RRS which was great but too expensive. I would like to keep budget under $700, preferably under $500. All advice appreciated. Thank you.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
Visit my website.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need advice on appropriate tripod system