Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

L-Bracket Owners ---- a Question

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Wed 24-Apr-13 06:35 PM

I posted a query one month ago about the utility of L-Brackets. From what I learned in your advise, I'd like to get one.

Either a Kirk or an RRS because they are one piece anodized aluminum. My camera is a D7000. I would use the bracket only when I do product shots or portraits. I would use a 60mm G lens -- relatively small.

My question is this. Can I use the non-grip bracket when the grip is attached to the camera. In either brand, the cost of a bracket that would fit my gripped camera body is nearly $200, whereas I could buy the bracket to fit the body only would $50 less.

I won't use this setup often, and I certainly wouldn't want access to swap out the grip battery with the bracket on. Can I use the non-grip bracket on the gripped camera, or is there some physical obstructions?

I don't tether. I don't often swap batteries in the grip. I want to save money. The bracket would be attached only infrequently, and certainly only in my house.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: L-Bracket Owners ---- a Question

G