Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

recommend a ball head

patrick9000

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
patrick9000 Registered since 06th Apr 2013
Tue 23-Apr-13 04:22 AM

Soon I'm going to purchase a Manfrotto 055CX Pro3 (carbon fiber) tripod, and I'm looking for some recommendations for a ball head for it. The primary use will be hiking in with the tripod strapped to the backpack in order to do landscapes, so weight is a consideration. I will mount a D800, and the heaviest lens in the near future will probably be the 850g 70-200 f/4 VR (i.e. less than 2 pounds), so it doesn't necessarily have to support a monster telephoto lens, though of course that could be a plus down the road.

I'm hoping to keep the cost under $200, but if you have a heartfelt suggestion that I spend a little more go right ahead.

I've run across some likely candidates on the web but thought I'd get some good ideas here.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: recommend a ball head