Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The New Pod has landed!.........

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Fri 12-Apr-13 09:21 PM

Tripod & head arrived today! Man, without even using it I could not be happier! The height & weight seems perfect. With out the 4th leg out it is the same height as the old one. It weights exactly the same as the old one. I actually thought it was lighter at first. Unfortunately & do not have a camera plate to use until Monday. Thanks again everyone for all you help! What a great community I belong to!!

On a side note, I looked everywhere for information on which feet it had as someone stated they thought it might have come with spikes. Nothing I read or looked at stated it did so I purchased a set of the ones from Gitzo. In reading some of the literature that came with the pod it stated it came with some optional snow feet, very cool. In the image it showed it having some spikes with these optional snow feet. I looked everywhere for those spikes, nothing. Then I pulled off the rubber feet that were on the pod. Low & behold there were spikes! Guess I will have some returning to do. Also the series 4 fits very comfortably on my shoulder with the series 3 head. I see no reason at this time to upgrade to the Markins hub unless down the road weight becomes a problem.

I was also very impressed that Gitzo pack a few replacement parts for their G-lock system along with some other goodies.

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The New Pod has landed!.........

G