Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
greynolds

Billerica, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
greynolds Gold Member Nikonian since 20th Jul 2008
Thu 11-Apr-13 12:59 AM | edited Thu 11-Apr-13 03:30 AM by greynolds

I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion of the new Markins Q20i / BV-20 tripod head yet. I've been considering placing an order for one, but I'm concerned about compatibility issues with the lever release as I currently use Really Right Stuff plates on my D7000 and Nikon 70-200. The Markins lever release can obviously be adjusted for different plates, but my concern would be that after adjusting it for my RRS plates if that would create issues with the included gimbal adapter. Am I correct in assuming that I would need to switch to using Markins plates if I purchased this new head? Given this potential issue, I'm confused why it's only being offered with the lever release on the head, while the removable gimbal has a screw release.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how well the gimbal functionality would compare to, for example, a Wimberly Sidekick?

Geoff

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Markins BV-20