Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Markins M20 Ballhead Panning Problem

MichGoBlue

US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MichGoBlue Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jan 2012
Tue 02-Apr-13 04:32 AM

I just purchased a used Markins M20 Ballhead that looks like it is just about new condition. The ball seems to work fine and I can set the sweet spot with both light and heavy lenses. The problem is that even with the panning knob completely loosened, there seems to be some drag as I try to pan the head around. The pan seems to lock down completely okay, but I don't think the panning is near as smooth as it is supposed to be.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before and found a remedy? I have looked through the Markins' maintenance information and it all seems to relate to cleaning the ball itself. Should I try WD-40 on the panning bearings? What would be the best way to apply it? I really don't want to dissemble the head or anything.

Thanks in advance!

John

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Markins M20 Ballhead Panning Problem