Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I need help selecting a tripod please

jaw_fish

Allen, US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jaw_fish Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2005
Sun 17-Mar-13 01:40 AM

I am trying to obtain information to select a tripod. I have the D7000 and my longest lens is the Tamron 70-300mm. I've been all over the web and I am unable to determine what some of the parts are that people in the forums are talking about. (my last tripod purchase over 30 yrs ago came all assembled and I did not have a ball head).

I have not found info in simple enough terms with photos showing how they break down. It seems that each part has to be ordered separately now.
Even the manufacturer sites do not list exactly what is included with each purchase.

What is a Markins Plate that I have seen references to? Where does it mount and what does it do? Is it separate from the ball head?

I've looked at the ball heads briefly and determined that due to painful arthritis in my hands a screw release would not work for me. I'm not even sure I could use a Gitzo with legs that screw. I need the leverage of some sort of levers or similar.

Are there tripods that I will be able to work with?

ciao,

jawfish

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G