Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
hankwt

kingsville, CA
102 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hankwt Registered since 01st Mar 2012
Thu 07-Mar-13 11:32 PM

Hi all I know Nikonians and its fine members are big supporters of Gitzo and Markins ( ive made up my mind on a Markins Q20 with a Kirk L-plate). Thanks to all for helping me in that decision. Beyond that im still not sure on the tripod end of the deal I currently have an older Manfrotto 055 Aluminum pod. After perusing this site and many other forums it appears the big 3 are the Gitzo, RRS and Fiesol ... I think ??

Id really love to hear comments both pro and con especially on the latter 2. obviously there is alot of Gitzo lovers here. I believe price wise they are all relatively similar.

I commend JRP and his crew for the fine job they have done with the ball head info/comparisons. Surely someone has some good comparisons on tripods. Perhaps Niel could throw in some of his wisdom !! ????

Perhaps there maybe isnt really all that much difference ???

BW- Big Wayner My motocross kid is faster than your A student !!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Gitzo/RRS/Fiesol