Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

how to change feet on a Gitzo series five

bobpilot

Washington, US
3863 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Thu 21-Feb-13 04:07 AM | edited Thu 21-Feb-13 04:40 AM by bobpilot

I bought two sets of feet for my series five; wide and spikes. So, now that I have the rubber foot off, a short spike is revealed. How do I get that spike off? If there was a tool in the bag, it's not to be found.

I used an allen wrench and inserted it in the hole; it took a lot of force but the short spike came off. I don't think it needs to be on with that much force, but maybe it does.

I didn't want to do something wrong, which is why I posted this. Then I thought that Gitzo web page might have a parts list that would be helpful; sure enough, it showed the short spike threaded in. So at least now I knew what to do.

I tried the allen wrench earlier, but without knowing if that was correct,I was hesitant to induce great force.

So, I guess this post is useless; sorry to waste your time.

Now I'll need a wrench to tighten the new foot. Does Gitzo not provide tools for this?

G