Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Decided on Magica - but which one?

Ray B

Worthing, UK
210 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ray B Registered since 17th Dec 2008
Mon 11-Feb-13 06:42 PM | edited Mon 11-Feb-13 06:57 PM by Ray B

Hi Guys,

I was one of the fools who wasted money in the past on cheap tripods !!

Having spent an age on this forum researching my new tripod and head I've decided on a Magica kit.

I will use it in the studio and out hiking mainly. D600 with grip and 70-200 2.8 is my longest lens. A 300mm 4.0 and one of the teleconverters is in my future.

I'm 5' 8"

Bearing that in mind I've narrowed my choice down to 2 Magicas:

Option 1 - Magica-M 3.4 Tall featuring Gitzo GT3541L

Option 2 - Magica-S 3.4 Compact featuring Gitzo GT3542LS

Hopefully I've narrowed my choice down correctly but I'm at a total loss which one of those options to get!

Please help

PS I decided on the quick release vs lever for the Markins Q20 and will be ordering Kirk L plates and lens foot.

PPS I'm leaning towards option one with the mountaineer in view of this:
https://www.nikonians.org/tripods/G1327_detail.html

Regards, Ray

Visit: My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Decided on Magica - but which one?

G