Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manfrotto tripod with a Markin head

mtsusean

US
162 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mtsusean Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2002
Mon 11-Feb-13 02:53 AM

I have a Manfrotto tripod, specifically a 3021BPRO model. Currently it has a 3265 Manfrotto pistol grip head on it which I'm ready to upgrade from.

The gear I have that I would be using on the Markin is a D300 w/ SB flash and the largest lens would be a 70-200. My understanding is that the Markin Q10 will most likely handle that load. I also have a Mamiya 645 Pro TL that I will use. Although a heavier body, it won't have the leveraged weight of the D300 with lens and flash so I assume that head will support both bodies in horizontal and vertical positions.

My questions are:

1.) can I use the current tripod or will I need to upgrade

2.) does anyone see any limitations with that Q10 head and my body/lens combinations?

I'm satisfied with the tripod. I don't hike with it or any activity where weight is an issue. It is sturdy enough seemingly. The head is what I want to upgrade but I will do both if necessary.

Thanks. I've been a longtime member here now it seems, but not that active.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G