Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help for valentines day.

bcotos

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bcotos Registered since 29th Jan 2013
Tue 29-Jan-13 04:20 PM

Hello everyone!
My wife is a 'beginner' photographer. She takes a lot of pictures for family / friends, a lot of outdoor stuff as well. She has a large background in Photo Editing more so than actual photography.

Anyway, I've been buying her some equipment through out the years and for Valentines day, I want to get her a 'decent' tripod.

By decent, I mean I'd like to stay within a $400 budget for head and all. She is not a professional photographer, so I don't see spending any more than that as a reasonable option.

She uses a Feisol monopod for when she's walking around, I bought it a couple years ago and she really likes it.

A few things to note, that I think might be of some importance.

1. She's a tall lady (6ft 1in)
2. She does have a 'heavy' lens I got her a year ago, if that would make any difference. The Sigma 50mm - 500mm
3. She shoots mostly nature shots, but does take pictures of our baby, family and stuff from time to time.

She boght herself some Zeikos tripod a while back for $100, needless to say if she didn't have her camera strap around her neck the other night while she was shooting the picture of the moon / jupiter.... it would have taken a nasty spill.

Thought I'd hook her up with something 'decent'.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help for valentines day.

G