Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

tripod for nature photography

werky

7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
werky Basic Member
Sat 08-Dec-01 01:33 AM

I live in upstate New York and frequently hike along the trials of the Fingerlakes and Apps (often hiking 20+ miles a day). Considering the length of the hikes, I am considering purchasing a carbon fiber tripod. However, I also don't know if I can justify the several hundred bucks more for the carbon fiber (especially since I'm only a poor college student). I would appreciate some recommendations on the "cheaper" carbon fiber (CF) models available as well as some slightly heaver alternatives to CF (I guess that would be aluminum...not really too familiar with tripods, other than my titall). Obviously, the quality and variety of available heads for any legs is important. I would appreciate any comments or recommendations.

Thanks,
Bill

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: tripod for nature photography
     Reply message Jacko Royal Deluxe
          Reply message RE: Jacko Royal Deluxe